lundi 12 juillet 2010

Day 6 : Letter to a Stranger ...

In 1942, Albert Camus wrote "L'Etranger" (The Stranger / The Outsider). Inspires yourself from his novel and write a text, titled "The Stranger".
You will write this text as an apologue, and will include a dialogue about the condition of stranger people in a city. Your text will be in the city you will chose, at the moment you chose.

I had to write this in 2002. 4 hours. The teacher, even if she graded my essay with a 10/20, loved my story. A month later, we had another exercise of re-writing. She enjoyed my work and asked me if she could read it to the rest of my class. What an honour !

Today is the 6th Day. And here is my letter to a stranger.


Dear Unknown Person (I don't like stranger)

I don't know who you are, and you don't know who I am. But as luck would have it, today, we meet.

Today, we share some words, tomorrow you will not remember me, and I, probably, won't remember you.

I like meeting you, Unknown Persons. Looking at you when I'm walking, or when I'm sitting in the bus, in the train, in the sub. I like watching you and trying to guess who you could be. Are you a married man, a woman, are you a dad, a mum. Where are you going ? Are you on your way to work ? No, not with flowers. Are you spending some good times with your friends ? No, not with that serious voice on your phone.
Poor you, young, not, old man, woman who is asking me money. What did happen in your life for you to be homeless today ? If only I could help you. I'm sorry, all I can give you today is a smile. It is not a lot, but, sometimes, it helps. A smile can give more than money .

Dear strangers.

Some of you are pleasant to meet. Some are awfull. Please, teenagers, CHANGE !!! How many time can we hear "Young people (and/or teenagers) doesn't know what politeness means ! " It's true. But I'd like to say "Older people don't know ANYMORE what politeness means ! "
Anyway. Meeting you everyday is always nice !

I hope I'll see you tomorrow !

xx


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails