samedi 31 juillet 2010

Day 25 : Person going through the worst of times

Walking down the Champs Elysées this afternoon with my parents, I was thinking
about today's letter.

Théophile and I met when we were scouts. A year, one of his little sister was one of my scout-girls, after that, he became scout leader like me. His parents made a lot for our team, helping leaders like us for all the papers, files, and crazy administrative things we have to prepare for a summer camp.

During those years, we all learned that his Mum was fighting against a terrible cancer. We were so sad because Agnès was a wonderful woman, and her kids from Théo to Angèle (the youngest) are all wonderful young people now !

When I moved to Lyon, I knew that Theo was there too for his studies. We both have a lot of work and just saw ourselves few minutes in the street one evening. When I began my internship, I suggest him to have a drink. He told me
" - No problem, here is my address ..." No kidding man ???!!! Your flat is 30 seconds from my office ! We have to see each other.

A month later, still impossible to see each other. My Mum called me
" - It's been few days I wanted to ask you that ! Did you know a woman called Agnès Watteau ?"
Before answering her question, I already knew what she will ask me.
She told me that she passed away earlier that month. A friend of her went to the funerals and said that the Cathedral Saint Louis (the BIG cathedral of Versailles) was FULL !!! No empty seats, no other seats.

I was so sad for her, her family, friends, and was so angry. After 4 years of good services for the Scouts in Versailles, NOBODY sent a card, letter, email, SMS or whatever to tell us. My friend Clémence, the same, I'm the one who told her !


My dear Théo,

It's been a year now. I hope it wasn't too hard.

It's been a while since last time we saw each other, and I'm sorry, the only thing I could do was sending a SMS. My Mum told me after the funerals. If only I knew it before, I would have come. Your Mum was a wonderful woman, even if I knew her only 3 years !

I know you're a strong man, I hope you feel better now, and that your family too.
I'd love to see you again, because, finally, we never shared that drink in Lyon !!

xx



1 commentaire:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails