Oh God, last pictures means that holidays are REALLY over, that Summer is REALLY over, that Fall and rain are REALLY back, and so that I REALLY NEED A JOB !!
08.13.2010 : Leaving the Ring of Kerry
In the middle of nowhere, a statue of a druid. So we parked the car and looked at the view. We heard music, and entered in a little cottage, Molly Gallivan's Cottage. An amazing moment, and maybe the best scones we ever ate !!
Molly Gallivan was a farmer at the end of XIXth century, extremely poor. She was able to live with her, don't remember 7 or 8 children, thanks to the products of her farm ; but not only. With her own products, time and fire, she was able to make illegal whiskey. Illegal, because she never declared it. But people knew she was selling some and were coming and having a drink at her place ! Even the Clergy !! Sometimes, alcohol can save your life !
Molly Gallivan was a farmer at the end of XIXth century, extremely poor. She was able to live with her, don't remember 7 or 8 children, thanks to the products of her farm ; but not only. With her own products, time and fire, she was able to make illegal whiskey. Illegal, because she never declared it. But people knew she was selling some and were coming and having a drink at her place ! Even the Clergy !! Sometimes, alcohol can save your life !
I love that sign ! We have the same in France, but I don't like it. This one, I love it ! I missed two crazy signs :
- the one with the sheep (so the same but with a sheep - this one we don't have it in France. We have two kinds of signs for animals : the cow for all domestic animals, and a jumping dear for wild animals) ;
- and the one with golfers !!!
YES !!!
There are so many golfs in Ireland that they need a sign to alarm the drivers !!
There's a little sign just underneath saying "Attention, Golfers crossing !"
Ok, I didn't take pictures at Molly Gallivan's Cottage, except this one (and the cow sign and the next one !)
I love those chicks !
When I came, I didn't see the chicks, just the tall grass.
And then, one, two, three chicks ...
My brother was next to me, we look at ourselves and screamed "NOT THE TALL GRASS !!!!!!"
(Yes, we compared innocent chickens to the raptors of Jurassic Park movies !)
Maybe Molly was poor.
But she had an awesome view from her cottage !!
And Stones of the Neolithic Years in her "garden" !!
There are two stones, lined with the mountain in the back, and so with the sunrise at the Fall Solstice !
I always thought that learning those Old Ages was boring, but what I love with those Old Ages is that maybe they didn't know the writing, but they knew how to line perfectly the Stones with the Sun or the Stars !
Amazing !!
Leaving Molly's cottage, we also left Kerry and arrived in Kenmare.
The limit between the two counties is a series of three tunnels of stone.
Hand made !
Didn't have the time to photograph it, but take a look here !
In fact, they opened the tunnels when they opened roads, everybody was free to work on those buildings and were paid...
Imagine yourself, digging those tunnels at the end of XIXth century, no electricity ...
They didn't say how many people died digging those ...
(when you know that during the big famine in 1850, 1/3 of Irish died and 1/3 left for USA ...)
Dromberg Stone Circle
Fuchsia time in Dromberg Stone Circle
Dromberg Stone Circle Another lined stones following the season ...
The story of this picture is that I wanted to photograph a part of the little stone hut next to the Circle.
I don't know why, my camera wanted to focus on that stone ...
So to be nice with my camera, I took it favourite stone !
I don't know why, my camera wanted to focus on that stone ...
So to be nice with my camera, I took it favourite stone !
08.13.2010 : Last Irish Night, Kinsale !
Kinsale Abbey
Looking through the window : what a beautiful sunshine today !
Our Last Night
I think that next time I'll come to Kinsale, I'll go here !
Home Boys Home - by The Dubliners
I hope you enjoy this little virtual trip to Ireland.
Honestly, I LOVED it !
In few minutes, a best of the "worst" things I saw there, and some private jokes !
Those are lovely, Flore! Thank you so very much for the trip! Side-effect- I now feel like a vacation, myself!
RépondreSupprimerp.s. I have a thing for little stones. They are very cute!