jeudi 15 septembre 2011

The Fish and the Fisher

FYI.
I was hesitating between this title and "I was made for loving you", the song by Kiss. And then, I thought that it doesn't matter, because both titles are linked to this post.
The Fish and the Fisher is a track by the french band Hint. 

My last post was on Sunday evening, or Monday morning.
This week-end was the one with The Niro's gig in Paris. There was not a lot of people inside, and so, I was sad. Of course I was, because I think he is a great artist, and he deserves more than 5 people in a bar (ok, there was more people inside, don't worry) - plus, the venue didn't really help me for the communication...

Sunday was supposed to be a nice day off, but no. Bad sleep and so, I was tired all day long ! But, I didn't really care about the bad sleep, cuz I knew why it was a bad sleep. I was just too excited, and so, unable to sleep. 

On Monday morning, I left home around 9:00 to go to the airport. I was on time, maybe a little bit early. I checked the arrivals and found the gate. I had to wait around 10 minutes before the plane landed, and around 20 before seeing the first people arriving ... The longest wait I ever had !
Everybody was passing the security / ID exit except my boy. 

Text message : "Hi Flore, just getting off plane now...x" OMG, my heart was beating so fast ! 
10 minutes later, he was the one coming through the security gate. Luggage and hugs. It was soooo good to see Gary again !
Last time I saw him, was in June 2010. ONE YEAR !! TOO LONG !!

I admit that I was a little bit afraid, cuz the three times I saw Gary, he was with his band, and I usually had fun with Neil and Maggie...So, I was wondering "will it be ok or not ?", and... it was.
We hugged and it was awesome, like we've always been good friends. We left the airport to go to Pauline's place. We talked and laughed so much in the train that we almost missed our stop. It was magical.

Gary met Pauline, and they started talking and laughing. Gary had a lot of stories about the guys, and Pauline and I both are crazy when we're together. So, it was great. We left her place to go to drink beers, and at this moment I realized how much I care about this band. 

As you know, 2011 is not the best year. And this summer has been crazy. Because I really wanted to see Gary live, I worked a lot on this little tour. I wanted to do a lot of things. But, in the same time I had to do posters for Josh. Unfortunately, I lost a lot of time working on the posters, I would have prefer spending my time on Gary's tour. Anyway. I was thinking about my relationship with my bands, and thought about the beginning of this adventure, A Joker's Rage. We were talking, laughing, having beers, and Gary talked about the last time boys came here, he said that Neil was somewhere in France for holidays, and for the first time said "You should marry Neil, here is what I suggest...".
I heard this "you should marry Neil" a thousand time in three days. I realised that Gary really cared about what we've done with Ilo, and was realising all the things I was doing for him, for this two gigs. And honestly, even if we see each other once per year, I really really enjoy it !

He told me when he was able to come in France, he sent me few songs, few pictures and told me "I trust in you". He came, the first thing he was saying was "thanks for inviting me, thanks for all the things you did", he hugged me, and, God, it was good. I felt good during the three days.

The gigs were great. Almost nobody the first night, except Julie, Pauline and I plus two men who were in the bar at this moment, plus the guys from the bar. After the gig, we drunk some beers and mojitos with the girls and Gary, and for the second time, Gary said I should marry Neil. Julie looked at us laughing "Who's Neil, what's the story". And everything one more time. Teenagers !! The four of us.

Yesterday was Versailles. He wanted to eat crêpes, we did, he left his gear at the venue and asked me if the Palace was near or not, we went, talked, laughed, he talked about my supposed-wedding, again. 
The second gig was really really good. Wonderful venue, and he was awesome. 50 people were inside, and everybody spent a very good night. He made photo with the photographer, drunk beers, sold cds, talked and laughed with the public, AND said it again.

I woke him up at 7:00 this morning, and we left around 8:30 to the airport. We said goodbye around 11:00 at Roissy Charles de Gaulle. It was hard to not cry. 

In the subway, I laughed, alone...


I saw this one and thought
"Ok, what was in Gary's mind ? Why did he say to everybody that I'm in love with Neil and I should marry him ? Why, why, why ?"

After that, I met some friends for lunch in Paris. We talked about a lot of things, laughed (didn't drink beers... my liver said S.T.O.P !!", they helped to change my mind, and I tried to have their opinion saying "if one of your friends keeps telling you you should one of his friends, what does it mean to you". Answer "do you like the supposed-to-be-groom ?" "yes" "so ?" "well, there are two guys, I don't know who's the one I really want !"... no answer except that I have to find a way to know who. (easy ?)

Unfortunately, all goods thing come to an end. Later this afternoon, Mum got a text message from Pascal... My Great-Aunt Mauricette is in coma since this morning. Using his words, she's living her last hours. Doctors says tonight, tomorrow, maybe the day after tomorrow. I guess it's time to say goodbye... And honestly, it's not fair.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails