Ok, maybe it's a little bit exaggerated ...Since I'm a kid, I'm afraid of spiders. Brr ... Hate it. But, I love Spider-man ! I always thought that this super hero was wonderful !
I hate spiders, but I have no problem with all the others insects : an ant is trying to steal my fruit, no problem, I crash it ! A mosquito ? If it is in my room when I want to go to bed, I declare war against it and don't turn my light off before I crash it with something !
A spider ... different. Sometimes I need to call my brother, and if I find a spider in my room at night, I need something like 10 minutes before taking a shoe or something else to crash it (of course, in 10 minutes, my little spider has the time to see me and run away !)
And, I don't know why, since few years, impossible to crash an insect without feeling bad, having remorse ! No kidding !!!
Maybe I took the movie A Bug's Life too seriously, and I'm sure that all the insects around me has a family somewhere, and when the night comes, the bug leaves my house/garden to go back to it family !
Beginning of the story : Francis' (Mr Patate) fishes both died. He was "sad" and joked a little bit about a sad ceremony in his bathroom ! Anyway.
Last evening, around 22:00, I take a shower.
I feel something on my arm, look, a fly ! A what ??!! An awful fly ! You know the big black one !
I think I already saw it earlier, in my room ! It was flying around me, it was so irritating to hear it zzzzz zzzzz *bing a fly on the laptop screen* zzzzz zzzzz
Because all the windows are open all day long because of the heat, I thought that my little fly escaped ! No !! It was here !! In my bathroom !
Maybe the fly was hot and needed a little refreshment ? *bing, a fly under the shower*
The fly was trying to fly, impossible. To walk, impossible. I wanted to take my shower, impossible.
I watched the fly during 10 seconds, saying to myself
" - Oh God, the fly is drowning, it's cruel"
I turned off the water and try to take the fly with a tissue to put it somewhere else. The fly was moving, I thought that it was ok, I went back to my shower (it's hard to save the life of a fly with shampoo in your hair and almost in your eyes !!)
End of my shower, I checked on my fly : dead ! Oh no !
I thought (and felt STUPID to think about IT !!) that maybe this fly had a family. What was happening when an insect dies ? Do the others know about it ?
Later, I wrote to Francis on Facebook. I knew we joked about his fishes, so I asked him if he could say a little funeral oration for that little fly I killed ! (well I said to him that I was unable to save it !)
And he did it !
We had a lot of fun !
I think I'm strange ! I should stop to worried about insects ! And so, I should change a number on my bucket list, don't know which one, and put
Stop feeling guilty when I kill a bug !!!!
I mean, some bugs "deserve to die" and others are really important ! For example Ladybug ! Don't kill ladybug ! They are the cops of the gardens, eating the bad midges that are eating your flowers !Plus, a ladybug is cute !
I should think about it !
Goodnight !
xx


I hate killing insects too. I mean, they're just doing their thing. I like that you don't kill bugs!
RépondreSupprimerA fly in the room is like torture! Can't stand it until the fly is DEAD! No remorse.
RépondreSupprimer