... and you will succeed !
Ok, so on Monday, between a lot of crazy things, I learned that the Orchestra wasn't keeping me after April 24th. I was a very hard day, but, it was easier after the kind moment I spent with Adeline, and after a little word from W.
But, I need to tell you more than that.
Back to Monday, February 28th.
At this moment, everything is good at work. There are more than two weeks before the next ZZM, so, even if I still don't have all the names of the musicians, it doesn't matter. And then, crisis.
I read an email from the comedian (who's also the director of the show) to another comedian, they talk about the rehearsal... Wait a minute, she didn't give the right schedule, I don't know what it is...
I call her and discovered at this moment that she has the right schedule and that I have the wrong one.
Problem, all the musicians were recruited with the wrong one...
So, problem number one : how can I fix that ? First mail to the musicians "Please tell me when you can be available for the rehearsal, and tell me quickly."
First week of March, so, last week, I spent the three days on the phone with the musicians and the theatre where we play. Note at this moment that I knew the violin, the cello, the trombone and the percussionists. Missing clarinet and piano...
Last Wednesday, I left the office with the new schedule and knowing who the pianist will be.
But still no clarinet.
On Friday, phone call on my mobile from the trombonist. Still no news for the clarinet, and problem, he said he was free for one afternoon, and in fact no, he is not. "Can you find another day" "No I can't I tried everything" "Ok, so how am I supposed to do ?" "Don't know, I will check on Monday, but I'm pretty sure that I cannot change anymore"
Monday morning, nothing, so I was able to work on something else (well another problem, but I will explain after)
Tuesday morning, I was in the street of the office, just arriving, phone call. "The clarinetist is..." "cool" "Look for the schedule I have to check, but I'm pretty sure I cannot change it" "I call you back later"
He called me back later to tell me "Well, it's a mess, I quit"
WHAT ??? The first rehearsal is on THIS Friday !!!
"Did you call other trombonists to replace you" "No, and because I'm not playing that concert anymore, it's not my problem" EXCUSE ME ???
So, problem of Tuesday (at D-4 of the first day !) :
HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FIND A FUCKING TROMBONIST ???
I spent the afternoon on the phone trying to find somebody. I left the office with not one but two trombonists !
Musicians and schedule were not the only problem.
And unfortunately, the last problem is, probably, the biggest.
ZZM is a concert and it's about an hour? We don't want to spend money in it. The theatre is free and we share the sales. Problem : percussion instruments.
Two plays, 9 different percussions !!! WTF ??
The bells, triangle, wood-block, and (why not tam-tam) no problem, need a car, of course, but that's ok.
The rattle and the jazzo-flute... Problem. We have any and a rent will be too much (because I can put that in just a bag! If we rent, we HAVE TO ASK a truck ! So, niet !) ... Maybe we can buy some, it will be cheaper. Good news, I found (after maybe 2 hours of research on the web...) a website that sale it.
Email to my guy "is that ok for you ?" "well... no..." F* (it was this monday late afternoon), so, I let you imagine my Tuesday : One phone for the trombonist / One phone for the percussion instruments !
Good luck, hours and hours later, I found some, sent the link to my guy "it's perfect". I cross my fingers to hear "it's here" tomorrow or friday early morning !!
And the best for the end "I also need a hanging cymbal, a xylophone and a marimba" "hum, ok for the cymbal and the xylo, but marimba, not sure, we have none at the Orchestra, I have to rent one and I'm not sure that there are some available ones..."
Last Thursday, call from one of the team (but not the percussionist guy) "we don't need a marimba, he can play on a xylo". So, because I wasn't working, the girls said to the P.G that he was able to play the music on the xylo.
Answer on monday morning "it's like I was asking to a violinist to play his music on a cello or to a trombonist on a trumpet, it's not the same"
Welcome back to work.
I called the company were we rent the percussion "sorry miss, there are all gone" ... ok. A second one "I may have one, I send you an estimate." That was yesterday.
In the same time, I was saying to Emilie that I knew nothing about percussion, but that I had the list for the concert, and so that maybe I should check downstairs what we have and what I can recognize.
We went together. After spending one hour trying to open the door, we found "stuffs" without being really sure of what it was. Emilie "Call Steph -the stage manager- and tell him. Following what he says, call Adeline, see what she validates or not and ... We will find a solution"
This morning, quite morning. Steph called me and understood my problem. He said he will come on Friday morning to help me. Adeline validates the estimate for the marimba. And I found the car for the other percussion.
Bill : Around 500 euros. 2times1/2 more than what we may win that day.
And because I think that you wonder what I was supposed to carry on my back :
this is the marimba !
(probably the one we will use because the picture is from the website where I rent it !)
(credit : www.arpeges.fr)
and this is the xylophone !
(via)
One question :
??????
(via)
Anyway, everything's fine now. And now I can tell you that I won a new award this afternoon !
The STYLISH BLOGGER AWARD from Nicole @ Noodles And Waffles !
There are four rules to accept the award. Here there are
1. Thank and link back.
2. Share 7 things about yourself that readers don't already know.
3. Pass it on to 15 bloggers who inspire you.
1. Thank and link back.
2. Share 7 things about yourself that readers don't already know.
3. Pass it on to 15 bloggers who inspire you.
4. Contact and congratulate those bloggers.
1. Thank you Nicole for the award. I'm really happy that you gave it to me. A little good news in the middle of work, that's great ! People, you can read her blog here : Noodles & Waffles
2. 7 things about me you don't know. Ouch, you know so many things about me now !
- I wanted to be an oceanographer when I was a kid.
- Last boyfriend broke up with me in January 2008
- I never thought about the perfect wedding, but love watching the dresses in stores, especially when a woman is trying one of them.
- Last time I really drink to much was in January 2009, during the MIDEM, I spent the next day in the hotel room when everybody was having fun... Yes, I was ashamed !
- I never had a crush for one of my teachers... Most of them was women, so...
- People think I don't eat enough or that I am anorexic, but I am not. I am one of those girls who can eat a lot and not put on weight... Like Keira Knightley if you want.
- I played cello when I was a kid, I hated that. I quit because I was supposed to repeat a year in cello and double a year in music theory !!
3. First, I'd like to say that I may not have 15 blogs, so, sorry.
- Sarah @ C'est La Vie
- Cashier @ Confession of Cashier
- Kelly @ Kelly Leigh Gets Busy
- Cassie @ Moon Face
- My Big Secret Blog @ My Big Secret Blog
- Rick Watson @ Life 101
- Sushmita Jha @ Flying High In The Sky
- Shannon E. Kennedy @ Green Monkey Tales
- Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow
4. Well...
That's only 9 but, I really like those 9 blogs, spending very good moments ready posts every time !
22:11, tomorrow will be a very good day, I hope ! Goodnight everybody




First that sounds like a wild ride of a week! I have no idea about percussion instruments, I do well picking at the guitar :)
RépondreSupprimerThanks for the lovely award, I will get it up soon and BTW I love reading your blog as well. Just so ya know :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow
Hello! I see I got an award for not even blogging regularly anymore! Heehaw! Thank you, Flore!
RépondreSupprimerI can't believe what moron would breakup with you.
About your job- I think you're pretty patient to not lose your cool and still continue. It's a world I can't quite imagine actually. :)
I stood cool, and everything was ok at the rehearsal today. Let see how it will be on Monday...
RépondreSupprimer