dimanche 13 mars 2011

50 Questions that will free your mind

Between lying in the sofa watching a movie, I check my Day Zero list, and choose to answer to the 50 questions that will free my mind. Because, I think I need it before beginning the new week, first of last weeks...

"The lists of questions below will help you to free your mind. These questions have no right or wrong answers. Because sometimes asking the right questions is the answer.

Just answer all of these questions in your heart and see what the changes around you."


1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?

I am 24 and 11 months and few weeks. I turn 25 on April 5th. 
If I didn't know my age, I could give myself something like 16 when I spend hours gossiping and laughing with my girl-friends. Or 80 something when I prefer spending the Saturday night at home rather out !

2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?

Few month before, or years, I could have answer "Failing", but now, I change my mind and say "Never trying". You learn through your failures. I tried a lot of things and failed a lot of times. But it helped me to grow up and learn more about myself. For example, I know that I don't want to stay in Production. I hate it !

3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?

My parents always told me "in life, you won't do only things you like."
I spent two days with my printers trying to print correctly a bio, a cover and invitations. One more day trying to identify the people who could be interested by this package. I hate doing it, but, if I want to enjoy the gig, I have to do it. 
I hate paying taxes, but I know that I have no choice. If I want a better France, I have to.
Why is there so many things I like and don't do ? Well... Not enough time, money or courage...

4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I guess I will. Especially if the discuss ends even if I don't agree... I'm stubborn, really stubborn and if my idea is not heard or accepted, I will come back, again and again until I win !!

5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?

In my opinion, the worlds looks like this today because of us and because of the evolution. 
The one thing I would most like to change... Culture is what reunite people, and unfortunately (at least, in France), it's the last thing that interest the government. And I think that it's really sad.
I'm sorry, I won't talk about famine, nature, war... I don't want to. Especially the nature.
Ok it's sad what's happening in Japan. But there is nothing you can do against the nature. 

6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?

I take care of the others. I listen to them and try to not complain on myself, even if sometimes I really needs it. 
My jokes can be terrible sometimes. But it's nice to see that even if my joke is not funny, people are laughing, or, at least smiling. That could make me rich.

7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?

I think that I do both. I believe in music even if the industry is is a very bad shape. And because I need money to live too, I share my life with two jobs. 

8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?

I don't change my life. I choose short studies because I wanted to work in music industry, and if you want to success here, you have to begin quickly. I don't change my way of life ! 

9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?

Well... Not sure... Few years ago, I was far away to imagine my life like this. 
One day I met M. and everything change. Every year I was meeting a new person, an important one for the future. Now, at just 25, I created my own company (ok, don't win money with it but, one day I will), met a lot of people and have millions of ideas... I'm not sure I controlled it...

10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?

I always want to do the right things right. It's hard. So, sometimes I try to do the right things, and sometimes the things right. Did the right thing the first time I push the door of a driving school, did the right thing when I left it. And did the things right last time I pass the driving licence !

11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?

Listen their arguments, tell what I think, and say she-he is a friend of mine and defend him/her. If the person is a close friend, so I know him/her, and can defend him/her if I need it. 
But now that I say that, depends who are the three people, and why we have this lunch. What's next ? 

12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?

Believe in you and you will succeed. I try to adopt that as a credo. I need it !

13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?

Yessssssssssssssssssss !
Well, depends who the loved one is and why this person has to be saved. And how I have to break the law...

14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?

Hum... no. 

15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?

I am sorry, I have no answer for that question...

16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?

And I'm not sure to understand that one...

17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?

I'm sure there are a lot of things. 
Tell him I'm sorry. I never found the strength to tell him what I was feeling when I was feeling it, and few time later, I was loosing him. I fought against it, and lost him.

18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?

His name is Edouard. And I will always have terrible relationships with the other guys because they are not him. I need to find the way to let him go. He has his life, I have mine.

19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?

I want to move in the UK. Don't know if I will choose Glasgow or London.
The reason for Glasgow is AJR. The reason for London is, all the others. 
I'm looking for a job there, but... Nothing yet ! (but, don't worry, I believe in me, so I will succeed !!)

20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?

Yes I do !! And if only the elevator at work was faster thanks to that !!!!

21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?

a joyful genius ?

22. Why are you, you?

Because and thanks to my parents, and thanks to my friends. I think I grew up a lot since I know my rockers. 

23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?

Well, I listen to them, help them when they need me. I think I am a good friend. But sometimes, I would like to have a little more from them... For example, see them when I organize a gig. Ilo is always there, but, I want to say it doesn't count because most of the time, she works on it with me. 
For the moment, I think that (in 5 different concerts) I saw 4 of my friends. I would love to see more of them !! It will be a success for me !

24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?

I think losing touch with a good friend who lives right near to you.
I had a friend during my studies who lived in Paris (comparing to others in others cities, I say that Paris is right near to Versailles). So, we were really close, and one day, no more news, nothing. Never knew why.

25. What are you most grateful for?

I live in a great country with a great family. I had the chance to go to school and follow wonderful studies. Met a lot of good people. And always been free to chose my career ! It's not one thing, but many ! 

26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?

I prefer losing memories rather than never been able to make new ones. It's good to have old memories, but it's dangerous to live in the past. I don't know how tomorrow will be, but I'm sure it will bring me a lot of good memories.

27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?

Well... I guess that following the people and so, following the truth, you can. But... Not really sure... That can be a great philosophy essay...

28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?

Until now, I think that I had few greatest fears : losing a close one, never have the driving licence, finding no job. I lost nobody, got my driving licence and found a job. So, no. My greatest fear never come true ! (ok ok, one of them will come back soon !)

29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?

March 13 2011, 5 years ago was March 2006. So, I was an intern at Rejoyce. And I remember that one day I was really upset. I was working on my thesis on my computer when my coworker Pierre blew the fuses. He was testing some ampli, and, few seconds later, nothing. I lost just a sentence of my work, but was so angry from this moment to the coming back of the electricity.
Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure it was in March. Maybe it was later. But, I was really upset, and you know what, I mostly laughed about it ! 

30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?

When we were spending hours with Elsa building some houses for the Barbies. We were building it with books, tapes, whatever. It was awesome. Or when we were creating the new make up of the celebrities in the magazines.
It's special because we talk a lot about it nowadays. And we're still enjoying our discuss.

31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?

On December 12th. Just after Josh's gig. When W. spent hours saying me thank you for what I've done. There was a lot of people that night and it meant a lot of things for everybody. At this moment, I felt so great !!!! I didn't want the day to stop, didn't want to say goodbye. I was already thinking about the next one, even if just after his gig (something like 10 minutes after going off stage), when Josh told me "Ok, so I come back in February, is that ok" I was really surprised !!

32. If not now, then when?

April week is a big challenge for me. So, if you want, I will update my answer after that day !

33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?

/ (money ?)

34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?

Yes, I did.
All the time with my artists. When we're all thinking about the gig, and after, when we're thinking about how great it was. Sometimes, we just walk, and it's amazing because I'm sure that we're all thinking about the same !

35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?

Because we all need to fight for what we love. (not sure about my answer)

36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?

No. Because there are evil in good and good in evil !

37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?

Well, I'm not quiting... And they are not firing me either. We break up.
If my job is the one for Track1, so, even if I win a million dollar, I don't quit. I invest a part because I love that job, and I love my artists !

38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?

More that I actually enjoy doing !

39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?

Today, no. But, I have that feeling for other days.

40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?

When I decide to create my company. Who's able to say that one day my artists will sell their album, will be heard on the radio ? Nobody. I do.

41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?

Probably Mr M. Because I met him, and then, all the others ! (ok, I will take a minute to go to Glasgow and London too !)

42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?

No.

43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?

I am alive but I'm not sure I am truly living. I mean, I'm alive because I'm not dead, but, if I was truly living, so I will be able to buy a plane ticket to see my rockers everytime they're playing, so I would have been in York last thursday, I will be in Austin today... I will I will...

44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?

When Jack tells you on Skype "We will arrive in Paris at 8:00 AM". I don't care if I'm tired, sleepy or whatever, I will be there waiting for them.

45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?

Because we don't know what we're gonna learn through it...

46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?

Nothing. I live my life, not the one the others want me to live.

47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?

I never paid attention to my own breathing... Maybe there are too much noise around me ...

48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?

I love music, living in Paris, working with crazy musicians, I love seeing people happy, I love to see the sun in the sky, the sound of the sea, the silence.

49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?

Probably. Because I'm working on the ZZM that will be played on Wednesday. And I keep my memories in a book... So, I guess I will remember that day.

50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?

Some are made for myself, some by the others.
Doing my best to succeed is a decision made by myself for myself !!



The 50 questions are done. Time to check last details about the April week !

Talk soon... someone is waiting for me on Skype ...




2 commentaires:

  1. Skype, aha??!!! :D This post is beautiful. The effort you've put into it made me smile. Edouard might just lose out to the guy on skype. He just might!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Skype guy, I like this name !!

    RépondreSupprimer

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails